Remember that book you always wanted to read, but never did? Then they made it into an iconic movie, and you didn’t want to see the movie until you’d read the book, but never did? Now’s your chance. I’m reading The Remains of the Day.
3. Climb a mountain. Around here Mt. Greylock, while technically not a mountain, is pretty impressive this time of year.
4. Watch a Python movie. We rented Holy Grail the other night and it is still funny, although the VHS from Blockbuster quit about 3/4ths of the way through.
5. Make chili. Here’s a recipe.
6. Read a good blog. My blogroll is over on the right, and it has some good choices. No farther down. Yeah, there.
7. Go to Nejaime’s, the best wine store in the Berkshires, or your local equivalent, and buy a mixed case without any cabernet or chardonnay in it. Try the Spanish reds. That’s the sweet spot these days.
8. Work on a political campaign. They always need help and this is the time of year.
9. Support efforts to get a Berkshire Bike Path from Connecticut to Vermont. We can do it. And should do it.
10. Catch up on your magazines. Never made it through the summer’s New Yorkers? Now is the time. Perhaps a poor choice in this context. How about Field and Stream?